Reality Bites


Today was one of those "reality" kinds of days. I have to be careful not to get wrapped up in the storybook side of things. Too often people around me are hurting and are too familiar with the reality of life.

Peter says that someone says that you are either deep in a valley, coming out of a valley or on your way to a valley. I have a number of friends who are deep in the valley right now. My heart breaks for them and when I think about it I can't even begin to imagine how they feel.

When reality strikes I go straight for hope, because it's the only thing left. Peter and I have certainly had our own share of frustration and valley dwelling in the past year and it's taught me that my hope MUST be in Christ alone! I can't make it through otherwise.

My hope:
"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." II Corinthians 4:16

"I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

I have hope because I serve a mighty God. He is MIGHTY to save. Not just able-MIGHTY. I love that. It doesn't make the reality less real but it sure helps to know that a loving Savior is there to take me through the valley.

If you are going through the valley today take heart. If you don't know where you stand with God it's worth figuring out. He is big enough to handle all of our valleys. Let Christ renew you each day so you have the strengh to face whatever comes your way.

Comments

Popular Posts