The Deep Love of a Father


I have to admit, one of the awesome by-products of being a Mommy is getting to watch my husband be a Daddy.  This is my favorite picture of Peter and Stafford.  I'm sure I'll have new favorites as the months and years go by but the one just melts my heart.  I just look at it and think of how much I know we love this little guy.  It seems immeasurable!  The more I think of  the depth of my love for my Son the greater it makes the depth of my relationship with Christ grow.  I'm not saying you have to be a parent to experience this, but for me becoming a parent has raised my awareness of the magnitude of the Cross.  I don't even like to hear this little guy cry because I just want to make it better.  I can't imagine the way the Father felt at knowing his SON was suffering for the sins of the world.

This is one of my favorite praise songs right now.  It doesn't really seem like a praise song by the lyrics, they are kind of sad at first glance.  But when you think of the implications of Christ on the Cross it makes it a joyful song!  I am thankful today for a God whose wounds have paid my ransom!!

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

Comments

Popular Posts