31 Days of...

Every October the "Nester" hosts a 31 series.  So far over 900 bloggers have linked up with their plan for 31 days of blogging.

I thought and thought about what I could or should talk about.  I'm not really an expert at anything.  Unless you count splitting my pants in public.  I don't do anything particularly special that distinguishes me from others.  I'm one of those "good at a lot of things but not great at anything" kind of people.  It has it's advantages and disadvantages.  However, as I thought about it more and more I realized the one thing I am an expert on is being me.  That sounds really dorky but it's true.  And right now "me" consists of being a mom and a wife and trying to glorify God in the process.

So....here's to 31 days of me....and what I'm learning in life.

Day 1--I'm A Survivor

Sometimes at the end of the day I feel that I am further behind than where I started.  The sad part about it is that I've still nursed the baby multiple times, changed lots of diapers, fixed 3 meals and probably done some light cleaning.  Trust me, when I say light I mean it.  Please don't come to my house with white gloves on!

Sometimes as stay-at-homes we have those days.  The days when we use the TV more than we like to admit.  The days when we serve peanut butter and "jellyfish" (as my Little Guy calls it) for more than one meal.  The days when we don't wash our hair, let alone put on any make up.  They days when we would HATE for Publishers Clearing House to show up with our million dollars because we don't really want any taking a picture of our dirty hair or house.

I talk a lot about the importance of thankfulness and not complaining.  But I need to add to it this.  Be honest.  Be honest with yourself.  Be honest with others.  Don't try to portray the stepford wives type lifestyle if that isn't what you're living.  If you are, please come clean my house for me!  As women we spend way too much time worried about our appearance, how clean the house needs to be for company and whether we are doing enough craft time with the kiddos.

Don't get me wrong.  Craft time, cleanliness and personal hygiene shouldn't be ignored.  Just know that if you're having a survive it kind of day that I'm probably right there with you.  I'm not saying that you should just "survive" motherhood or parenthood or a particularly hard stage.  I just think we need to realize that our best on one day doesn't look the same as it does on another.

I for one I am going to stop stressing about how things look and spend more time with my little jellyfish eater and almost crawler.  I'm going to stop what I'm doing when the Little Guy says "help you mama" because he wants me to help him with something.  I'm going to stare at the baby while I nurse him instead of playing on my phone.  I'm going to turn each day that feels like I'm just surviving into something just a little more.

Comments

  1. Great post Momma! I have to allow myself to have these days more often without the guilt of not accomplishing anything!! Thanks for reminding me I'm not alone. I only have one friend this is a SAHM so it's hard to talk to some people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this today. I vow often to "stare at the baby" instead of reading my Kindle, but then I fall back into old habits again. I'm going to bookmark this and try to remember to read it often. And incidentally, I'm working on a Paleo diet and just learned about Whole30. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts