Pumpkin Banana Pie

I've been on the Whole 30 plan for 17 days now.  Why so exact?  Because I am counting down to day 30!!  This plan is HARD.  But so far I've been able to stick to it.  I'm not sure if I am going to see physical results but I can say that I haven't napped in two weeks.  I think that is pretty good for someone whose children are keeping her up all night!

I've been experimenting with ways to incorporate more vegetables into my diet.  I'm not a huge veggie fan.  I love a good salad but I want lots of stuff on it.  I guess I don't mind eating them but they aren't the first thing I think about cooking.  I am trying to change that by doing this challenge.

I decided that I needed a pumpkin dish that would satisfy my sweet craving that was Whole 30 compliant.  I researched a few pumpkin pie recipes and came up with this.



Banana Pumpkin Pie

2 small bananas
2 eggs
14.5 oz can of coconut cream
14.5 oz can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix!)
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp chili powder

This recipe is easy to make and tastes great!  Simply mix all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well combined.  I did mine in 2 batches because I was experimenting.  You could make this in a pie pan if you want.  Or a 9x13.  If you use a 9x13 the bars will be very thin.  I'm going to make this again this week and I plan to use a mini muffin tin!

I baked mine at 425 for about 15 minutes and then at 350 for 15 minutes.  Just check on it if you are using a larger or smaller container and take it out when it doesn't jiggle!

These were great hot and I think even better after sitting in the fridge over night!

If you haven't worked with coconut cream before you can actually use it to make a healthier version of whipped cream.  Just put your can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight.  When you open the can the top 2/3 of the can will be solid (it looks like Crisco).  You can beat this with egg beaters and you'll have a nice healthy whipped cream!  Save the milk for a treat!

I'd love to hear your versions or suggestions!!

Comments

  1. That recipe looks good! i may have to try this :)



    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delish!!!

    I was curious if you would like to do a guest post for my blog, Blissful Bucket List!?

    I couldn't find your e-mail, so just e-mail me at blissfulbucketlist@gmail.com and we can chat possible details. Love your blog!!! :)

    Sarah@
    www.blissfulbucketlist.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Past halfway through your plan - well done!!!!
    This pie looks delicious! and I bet the chilli adds a nice kick to the taste too!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really delicious and very very good for you too!
    I'm going to have to try this!!!
    Please share this yummy recipe at ON THE MENU MONDAY going on now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This pie sounds delicious! And I absolutely love your new design!! It looks amazing! Thanks for linking up to Mom's Test Meal Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delicious. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/10/almond-sugar-body-scrub-and-wednesdays.html
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds great to me! I love getting all the healthy fruits and veggies in one dessert, and I'm sure the coconut cream would just make it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great and healthy! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Please come back Sunday to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey saw your #82 @ Miz Helen's,I got to try this,banana's & pumpkin flavors,yum and throw in some chili powder,YES!...got to have some with the quickness.

    #163
    LoblollyLane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Laura,
    What a great pie, we will really enjoy it! Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds amazing. The incorporation of chili powder is especially interesting. How did that taste? Thanks for linking this up at Meatless Monday recipe hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Banana and pumpkin sounds like a great combination!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts