Write That Down

One of my favorite things to write about lately is the funny things the kids do.  The Little Guy is entering the "everything out of my mouth has the potential to embarrass my parents" stage.  It's hilarious and horrifying at the same time.

Last night we braved the holiday crowds to get pictures at the mall.  It was already dark here and a little rainy.  The four of us piled into the car and as we drove down the street I did a little backseat driving and asked Peter to slow down.  I must have seemed a little too concerned because we heard that all too familiar voice from the backseat say...

"Oh!!  That a closer one!!"

Hilarious.  I laughed so hard.  Silently though.  I want to laugh privately at him as long as possible so he keeps producing these gems without shame.  It's way more fun to write them all down so I can show them to his future wife and children.

I thought he understood what he was saying.  That is until we were in the restroom at lunch today.  I flushed the toilet and he looked up with concern on his face and said...

"That a closer one Mama!"

I'm not sure what we so narrowly avoided there in the restroom but thankfully we managed.

I just love this kid!



Comments

  1. I know what you mean about laughing silently, the things they say! I'm trying to be better about writing stuff down, cause it's so easy to forget and the things that come out of their little mouths are just priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! I just love the things kids come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though my kids are older they still come up with the craziest stuff. I have definitely started writing things down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! That is one of my favorite stages - constant laughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's adorable! I love that stage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute. He is such a sweet boy. My daughter does similar thing. She says baby to everything human being and toys. Its hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so enjoy reading about your children. It brings back fun memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, what a cute little guy! Thanks for linking up with us for Mommy Moments Monday!
    TheNotQuiteMilitaryWife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts