I'm Back!!

I'm back and it's Monday so that means it's time to link-up with Carissa for some miscellany!

1. My Hiatus

I took a two week hiatus from blogging and it was good and bad.  I learned a LOT about myself.  The biggest thing I learned was that no matter how much time I have I will still waste it.  I don't spend a ton of time on my blog but by putting it down for a couple of weeks it did free up some time.  In my head I planned to to spend time in the World....do crafts with the boys...menu plan.  In reality...I wasted just as much time as I usually do.  What I've learned?

--I need to be more careful with my time.
--I like blogging enough to keep doing it.
--I need to meal plan.  It is SO nice to have a meal ready at the end of the day.
--Time in the Word MUST be a priority for me (not new news!)
--I need a plan for naptime
--I need a cleaning schedule


These are the tiny things I learned.  I'm still processing a lot of things about time, priorities, identity, purpose and calling.  More on those later!

2. Yum

I've been cooking on this break because, well we have to eat.  I've been waffling on my paleo diet and have finally decided to go back to My Fitness Pal for a while and count calories.  I just miss cheese and bread and would love to be able to have them occasionally.  I'm still in the kitchen trying to create yummy, healthy masterpieces though and today was a success!!  Stay tuned this week for this yummy Spicy Avocado Deviled Egg


3. A Boy & Someone Else's Dog

We had a wonderful Easter.  Daddy was out of town but that didn't stop our dear friend's from letting us invade their house.  They even planned a little Easter egg hunt for the boys.  The beauty of doing an egg hung for a 2 year old and 11 month old?  You don't have to fill the eggs.  You can also re-hide them as they are looking so the hunt will go on and on and on thus tiring out the boys so Mama can get a little break!  I'll have pictures up later...but I couldn't help but share this one!


4. The Beauty of the Earth

Tacoma is full of it!  I am feeling SO blessed that we live here.  It is seriously beautiful.  I find so much hope and beauty in the appreciation of creation.  And there are so many gorgeous examples right outside my doorstep.  These didn't come from my garden but they are sprouting up everywhere!  Amazing!!


I know the top of the picture is blown out but I just love it!  Best $6.00 I've spent in a long time.

5. My 3rd Baby

I finally have my baby back!!  My Nikon has been acting up for MONTHS and I finally sent it in to be repaired.  Thankfully the repair wasn't as costly as I anticipated AND the struggles I was having with photo were a result of the calibration of the focus.  The first thing we did was do our monthly photo shoot for the littlest guy for his 11 month shot.  This is my favorite outtake.  The Little Guy always insists on getting in the pictures because of the orca.  


I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter.  I'm making it a priority to remember I serve a risen Saviour every day!!


**If you are a new reader I'm so happy to have you!  I'd also love for my old readers to follow me via Bloglovin or RSS feed since Google is doing away with their reader in July.  Thanks!!**






Comments

Popular Posts