WIWW--The Spending Freeze Version

Well it seems like now is as good of a time as any to tell you about my spending freeze.  Clothes spending that is.  I've been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds for over six months.  It is incredibly frustrating and I just want to push past this hump so badly!  So I decided I needed a little outside motivation.  After I lost 10 pounds then I can go shopping again.  Until then no shoes...no pants...no cute summer dresses.  It's killing me!  But I'm motivated and already making progress!  And hey the stomach bug over the weekend was pretty helpful too.

Let's talk about this mirror. I finally moved it out into our hallway so my pictures are a tad lighter but still so unprofessional.  You might just have to take my word for it that I looked cute.

I'm loving neon yellow (as we've seen with my lovely yellow flats in the past) and this sweater is just perfect for the Tacoma spring weather.  It's heavy but springy.  I like it.

Sweater and shirt from Loft
Jeans from TJ Maxx
Repeat sparkly shoes--Nine West

What do you think of this cropped style?  I know it is "in" but I'm not sure I like it.  I've been wearing these through the winter with boots and this was the first time I paired them with flats.  I think I'm ok with it?


This is my favorite look lately.  

T-shirt--TJ Maxx (American Eagle Brand)
Pants--TJ Maxx

For 20 bucks I think it' a pretty cute look!  And there are those sparkly shoes again.  Totally worth every penny I spent (which wasn't much!).


So hopefully I'll have an update for you next week on my weight loss.  My parents are coming into town (yay!!!) today and it's always hard to eat well when you have company.

Also...the stomach bug is definitely to blame for the lack of pictures this weekend.  My outfit consisted of a tank top and yoga pants...and although I'm sure you are all dying to see that I forgot to get a snapshot.  Maybe next time!! Ha ha!


Comments

  1. Hey Laura!

    I found you via #alittletoofluffytwo and am so glad I discovered your blog! :) I'm your newest follower! :) Have a great day! xoxo, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your spending freeze. I've been doing that, kinda, but with a wedding in Mexico coming up I have to get some things (with the goal of a few more pounds off by departure date)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Newest follower here... I love your blog! I was hoping that you would pop on by my blog and follow me back!

    Have a lovely day,
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think that's a great motivational idea there! good luck with those last few pounds :) i really like the bottom picture outfit...i've been partial to stripes here lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one that needs some immediate motivation. My husband and I have really been trying to be healthier, and seriously, to make myself eat enough fruit and veggies I have to reward myself almost right away though. It has helped me start to change my habits though! which is soooooooooooo good, cause it is a lot easier than it used to be. Keep up with it girl! Once everything becomes habit you won't need to force yourself into it so much. You totally got it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those coral pants and that blue top! SUPER cute! :) You look great, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the coral pants!
    I can't get on the cropped wagon...they cut off my legs and make me look really stumpy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts