Day 3-31 Days of Being New



I've never been a morning person. I'm not grumpy, I just have a hard time getting going. I've always wanted to be a morning person. Morning people seem to accomplish more before I wake up than I do all day. 

I have a zillion pictures from this spot. I'm kneeling on my pillow. From our bedroom in Tacoma we had this peek a boo view of the Sound. If you looked far enough to the right you could see the mountain too. 

This particular day I happened to wake early. The view was breathtaking and such a worshipful way to start my day. 

And God continued to whisper...

I want you to become a morning person. I want you to meet with me in the morning

And you'd think I would be pretty pumped that one of my besties wanted to meet up with me every single day. But instead I said maybe tomorrow. Maybe after this week. Maybe when we leave Tacoma. Maybe after we get the house in order...

Have you ever been that girl? Hovering between control and the unknown. Desperately wanting to be known but too afraid or tired or unorganized or unwilling to surrender?

This morning when I woke up I read my Bible and I stopped after one verse. Because this. This is what it's about. Being new. Being made new. 

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. (Romans 12:1 NIV)

Sacrifice = true and proper worship. I've read that verse a million times. There are some major areas where I know The Lord is saying sacrifice. 

It's early for me but I'm going to bed. I've got a meeting with a dear Friend in the morning. 

Comments

Popular Posts